Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Reworking old works on both canvas and paper and searching for ways to bring them to a place I like ad warm to!

 It’s July 2nd a day after Canada Day and two days before The 4th of July 2024 and I have 

applied some watered down acrylics to my canvases

 and they are drying now 




and soon I will go downstairs and




 add some wisps ,




 dashes, traces, marks, strands of thin and 




scattered, 




uneven,




 broken bright white acrylic 




to break apart the expanses already heavily worked




 in mixed media that I have utilized as handy,




 though probably rarely utilized as I have on canvas. 




Trying new expressions 




and pushing forth 




rather blindly 




in the pursuit of 




enough closure,




 rapture 




and satisfaction as 



I can get as this is 

my pain, 

my drain, 

my sprain, 

my figurative landscape train 

through 

snow, 

flowers, 

brush, trees, dirt, rocks, shells, twigs ad rain!

My I reign supreme in the knowing that I have risked much, been understood largely by none, encouraged to describe and add a guide to my art expression or forever live misunderstood. 

On this  I responded and still do, I follow my gut, not my brain. I trust in my gut wherever it may lead or direct or deposit me!

No comments: