Monday, July 22, 2024

My mission to save myself is harder than it would seem as most addictions go!

 We are all addicted, all of us, X-ploited 

To the MAX by selfish individuals that

Use us abuse us, prey UPon our basic

Weaknesses all week all day all the time!

And we have the same traits and these are

Targeted at a very young age by others to

Make money and control - off of us - us!

Merciless, cruel, mean, no spirit at all they

Those few would steal our spirits and souls!

They are meaner than any other living thing

Alive, they on US upon along US do thrive

Only because of us are they so successful!

All the bull, all the hype, all the distortions

Untruths fibs white lies LIES they concoct!

They are the real scum of the earth worse 

Than any dirt grime slime or  natural substance!

And I must conquer this dependence, must so

Isolate it, relegate it to small chunks of my time

I have so much to yet finish accomplish and less

Time that once I had , having been so blessed so

Fortunate, so allowed to live and to reap so much

Of nature’s bounty and pleasures and rhymes!

Now I must buckle down my efforts and resist

My impulses to unbuckle my belt and play with

Myself and spend so weakly weekly my energies

That would much better be served on my art me my

I! Fly on and of my own volition to Venus and Mars

Hang from the ceiling the vines in the trees & stars

So high up above to fall back onto clouds & slumber

Before I rise to star my art and start smiling ooohhhhh

Over and over and still bounce ooohhh over again!

No comments: