Thursday, August 15, 2024

Promoting art is a full-time emersion experience life-long job , or so it appears!

 

When did it become more than making art?!

When did the artist have to sell himself or her-

Self, he/him she/her LGBT or binary or the persons 

or persons making the art, or the art selling itself?!

What is the market? What is the human landscape of peops 

buying or not buying art!?!? Should an artist devote 

Time to this at all!? I am reading a book about it now

Written in 1978 by an artist by the name of Carole katchen

And it is blowing my fragile-strong-questioning-artFULL

Being so with so much involved to have a successful

Art career and make your money off your art, enough

To live on and not have another job, and this is all WAY

Before the internet and all forms of social  media!



I have waited till now at age 70 simply focusing on

Making whatever art I could ALL on my own terms

And am pleased worried sure yet not, confident and

Full of doubts, questions,  uncertainties, more! Yes

I am a mess but I have a body of work to fall back

Onto as I have fifty years of works to show if I

Choose. That gives me a life’s reactions  and re-

Cordings through all my senses filtered but not fined 

or especially defined, open for individual interprets

As it is all so truly subjective and personal, or, at

Least should be and not with the only driving factor

To be money! Have your own opinion, dare to! I

Dare you to do so, to fly free in the wind and get

Back your own individual power and strength of u!

Above is one of my word-writings I have done in the 

last few days, in sketch book with acrylic paint & brush.

My art is for sale, contact me if interested, or interested 

In seeing more. I am working on my next art show, stay 

tuned for so very much more! Sante a tous! To health!

No comments: