Monday, October 14, 2013

Drawing At Night By Moon Light, Candle Light & 2 Deck Lights : Close To Midnight Of Monday, October 14th, 2013 : Columbus Day!



     What a thrill this was! You can hardly see anything. You have to both feel your way as well as sense it. Not an easy thing to do. You must have faith that the journey and the path you both take and are led down is the real reward, no matter whatever else you might get. I managed to do six oil pastel drawings , like looking at a book and opening it with two pages to draw on to get more drawing space. it's pretty neat what I got. The last one, #6 may, in fact be my favorite and my best.

     I was drinking some SEPPELT Tawny port from Australia as I drew. There's some sediment at the bottom of my glass as I type here on my HP laptop computer. It warms me. I have opened to my left #6 drawing and I am quite pleased with it and will continue to do more drawings like this one on my vacation.

     I did some " Night Drawings " like this this summer at the beach in August at Avon, North Carolina at the Outer banks. The thing is you pick up colors in the dark and do not know what they are. You simply draw your inspiration from the moment and you wait to see later what you have. There's no way to know and I like this, I like this a whole lot. Some would call it a handicap but I call it liberating.

     It was cool outside and there was a beautiful three-quarter's moon up above our house and that was a big part of all of these drawings.. The darkened tree shapes and our roof top and the dark sky was what I drew my infinite inspiration from.

     I worked the drawings and really pushed the colors into the paper. These being my first they often seem the most labored. As I go along for the next few nights I will discover both more about me and my moment, the elements and the weather and my reactions to all.

     What made this evening especially interesting is that I was for the very first time stripped naked to see what the cold hitting my skin might do? I felt free and comfortable and amazingly liberated and fresh and fully ready to draw to my nakedness' content. That's exactly what I did, too on this first evening. Cheers. I will take pictures of what I do and include them here as I have a chance. Take care, hope everyone enjoyed Columbus Day. My wife and I got a chance to be truly inspired and see the movie HAUTE CUISINE at the Cinema Arts out here in Annandale, Virginia. I highly recommend that everyone go and see it! Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn   10/14/13

No comments: