Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Went To See, Experience, Be Drawn Into, Mesmerized, Pulverized, Infatuated, Enflamed, Passioned By The French Movie HAUTE CUISINE yesterday Afternoon On Columbus Day With My Wife, Monday, october 14th, 2013



     Loved HAUTE CUISINE the French movie about the personal chef to French President Francois Mitterand at the Elysee Palace at 55 Rue Saint-Honore in Paris, France, back in the nineties. I lived there in Paris with my now-wife/ then girlfriend in the seventies when Giscard D'Estaing was the French President. What great times those were. Wish I were still there many times. Our son will soon be there in a week's time. What a great opportunity that he is getting to enjoy now in college and studying abroad in Europe. He needs to see HAUTE CUISINE when he gets a chance, so does our daughter. I have much to write still but will post this now : " as is " and add to it tonight and tomorrow. I am so excited about having seen this movie that I want to give it a big : " shout out ! " and tell everyone to go see it immediately! It's playing here in northern Virginia at the Cinema Arts so you can see it on a big screen. I would love to have it come to the Uptown Theatre in Cleveland Park : that's where it really deserves to be experienced. A bientot for now. Sante a tous, and think carefully and thoughtfully about drinking the 1968 CHATEAU RAYAS Chateauneuf-du-Pape with fresh truffles spread on a toasted piece of bread with what I believe was a butter, oil and garlic and herb spread, with thin slices of these truffles placed on top?!? Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  Tuesday, October 15th, 2013

No comments: